Employer: OceanBlueProject Position: Willamette River Otter Mascot Locations: Corvallis, Oregon, 97330
• Develop the character of the OceanBlueProject Willamette River mascot "Make A Wish, Save A Fish” "Save The Water Save An Otter"
• Perform at all or most of 2018 and Fundraiser events
• Perform and/or provide support to all necessary community and team appearances. This
includes but is not limited to sponsors, charities, media and private functions.
• Responsible for mascot costume operations including creativity, care, dry cleaning,
maintenance, etc. (team will pay for dry cleaning; you just need to pick up/drop off, etc.)
• Work directly with the Event Operations, Sales, Community Relations, and Public Relations
departments with any promotions necessary.
• Assist community relations in booking of mascot appearances
• Create goodwill in community and ensure our fans have fun!
• Some experience is preferred, but not required, theater majors are ideal
• Must be well organized and flexible to meet time, priority and workload demands.
• Ability to analyze and interpret common social expressions and clients needs or wants
relating to the mascot.
• Strong communication skills with all levels within the organization.
• Ability to troubleshoot situations without delay and act accordingly.
• Perform mascot duties in a manner deemed acceptable according to the Willamette River Otter by OceanBlueProject.org
• Must be able to lift approximately 40 lbs.
• Must be available to work flexible hours including all home games, some nights, and some
• Fan friendly and outgoing individual
• Works well with children and other staff members at many events.
• Decent physical condition (athletic).
• Must be able to work in a costume.
To apply contact:
Director of PR & Events
Ocean Blue Project & River Otter Mascot- Direct:541-286-5031